Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Watch Out For This Cellphone Scam


I'm J.P.



When I got the phone last year, it included a three month free trial of "Roadside Assistance" that I had to take. The next day I went into an actual Cingular Store and canceled it.



I didn't know if it was the store or the kiosk who was calling me. If the call had been the store, the legitimacy of the call would have had slightly more weight behind it; regardless I still would have called the 800 # and tried to haggle.



The only reason I got the phone from the mall kiosk was convenience. I work right across the street, and was able to get it all taken care of with most of the remainder of my lunch hour intact.



Thanks for posting it Ben.

MercuryPDX



Read More...

[Source: Watch Out For This Cellphone Scam - Consumerist Comments]
blog comments powered by Disqus